Support us at Generosity by Indiegogo HERE!
Can you tell me more about what you do?
Crescent is a consulting company looking to help companies and the underprivileged in the society. Our vision and mission are as follows:
- Vision: To plant (incorporate) a seed (goal/purpose) of social responsibility in the core of every business.
- Mission: To cultivate empathy among businesses while empowering them with the essentials to remain sustainable while creating value for society.
The following is a summary of how we help both target groups:
- How Tier 1 (Small Businesses) works:
- Come to us with your current business issues & business goals
- Learn about the current market and get advice on specific strategies, plans and tactics customised to your business needs
- Connect with relevant industry leaders to learn best practices!
- Receive help with effective implementation and guidance
- When you’re profitable, start paying it forward!
- How Tier 2 (Underprivileged/charities) works:
- Sign up with us and tell us your needs
- Get linked up with our relevant SME partners who can meet your needs!
Student volunteers serve as consultants & work with our industry advisors to directly help these businesses.
What is your motivation?
Most businesses are thought to focus generally on profitability, sometimes at the expense of social responsibility. While some business consider their social responsibility, it is used as a means to an end; they act socially responsible such that it would not endanger their profitability. As a result, their consideration of their dues to society is bare minimum. However, we believe that this does not have to be so. We aim for business to incorporate social responsibility into their core of their objectives, hence, any action or decision by the business will take into account the social impact, and at the same time achieve profitability and growth. Further, we believe that being socially accountable is a key proponent of the sustainability of any business.
What is the team behind this idea?
We are a group of enthusiastic young entrepreneurs looking to make an impact around us. Our team consists of four key members from Nanyang Business School, who possess various salient skill-sets in providing holistic business solutions to our clients:
Strategic HR and Finance Officer
Goh Xue Xun
Strategic & Technology Analyst
Chief Marketing Officer
Lim Kai Ning
Strategic Communications & Public Relations
Sounds exciting! Do you recruit people into your team?
Yes, we are recruiting! We are looking at people who share the same vision and complement the team. The core values that Crescent holds are:
- Innovation: Coming out with new ideas and adaptations that is beyond the conventional ways
- Reason: Only through completely new ideas can we radically shift the course of the business; We do not want to be caught up with the existing norms just for the sake of it.
- Teamwork: We believe in the value of a teamwork
- Reason: As the task at hand seems pretty herculean; reviving and growing business, we would need everyone to work together as they bring various valuable and varied skills to the table. It is the aggregation of their strengths that brings about success.
- Commitment: Everyone to have a sense of shared responsibility
- Reason: Sometimes, things can become difficult, or that we may have other responsibilities. However, to make something succeed, one must have a sense of personal responsibility to preserve through to the end. And we expect that whoever that is on own team understands and is willing to commit to this basic expectation.
- Openness: Willing to share their ideas and thought regardless of the supposed organisation hierarchy, everyone is given a fair voice to present their thoughts.
- Reason: Only through an open culture can “what’s right” be done rather than decisions made based on rank or any sort of power hierarchy.
- Empathy: Our core existence is to help others, and we are standing for is a social issue we are seeking to solve, feeing a sense of relatability with those we help is what will drive you though the gruelling times.
Ultimately, profitability is a means to a social ends. The financial motivations will not drive you to work with us, instead, your continual effort is due to your believe in our cause.
What are your future plans?
We are looking at linking up with more Nonprofit Organizations and searching for small companies who are struggling to make ends meet. If you do know any of these organisations or companies, do drop us an email at email@example.com or go to our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Crescentsbc/ to drop us a message. We will reply you as soon as possible. 🙂