We are going to provide medical facilities towards the rural people via moveable van. The van will be moving around the villages and there will be an arrangement of the tent for treatment purpose and it will be established at the center of the village. 3 govt. doctors and 4 helping hands will be there in the van along with a driver. They can get the treatment at a very low cost and they can pay us the treatment fee through installments and we have a deed with a specialized hospital for operations on the discounted price for serious patients. We have attached a document below for discount percentage.
Basically, we are doing crowdfunding and crowdsourcing through a campaign. As crowdfunding is a new term in Bangladesh and this term is less popular among the peoples of Bangladesh we are offering two basic service and two products for our fundraisers. We are offering blood pressure and blood sugar measurement service through our campaign and offering a keyring and pen with measure logo for fundraisers and getting a positive response from peoples.
We are also doing our crowdfunding online via bKash mobile banking service. We accept funding at bKash. Our personal bKash number is 01743622721. This is the Link to our bKash online funding post.
All the documents related to Crowdfunding and crowdsourcing and partners support : http://gg.gg/MediSure
Please contact us through our social media accounts for any kind of information and donations or investment opportunity.
According to World Health Organization (WHO), There are an estimated 3.05 physicians per 10,000 population and 1.07 nurses per 10,000 population. Health workers are concentrated in urban secondary and tertiary hospitals, although 70% of the population lives in rural areas. Rural peoples are dying for simple diseases due to lack of proper treatment. As per the “Independent Bangladesh,” we may mention that about 30 percent of dying patients are unable to receive services of a trained physician and about 60 percent of expectant mothers fail to receive a pre-natal check-up. So, we have planned “Medisure” a better, smarter, cost-effective and easily accessible medical service.[1,2]
Addressed social challenges:
What will we do to solve these problems:
- Provide Medical service at rural area
- Medical services at a lower cost
- Medicine service at lower cost
- Installment basis treatment
How will we make these solutions possible:
- We will go at rural peoples yards with doctors medicine and equipment needed through a van.
- We already mailed proof of support (Doctor, Equipment, OT etc.) from our partner medical care.
- We can provide medicine at lower cost a there will not be any middleman or intermediaries.
- For financially unsound family we have an option of installment payment. So, now everyone can get our service. We also have another business it’s “Sunflower Oil Production”. We need about 50 peoples for running this business from planning to production. So, who is not enough sound for installment payment, he/she can provide one labor from his/her family to our oil production business. We will take 25% of his daily income for installment purpose. They can only work until the installment payment is complete.
Our mission is to ensure sound health of rural people of “Thakurgaon” District of Bangladesh. By providing medical service at an innovative idea (bringing doctor to patient and payment with installments) we will fulfill the healthcare need for rural people.
Our vision is to ensure sound health of every single rural people of Bangladesh from every area. We will provide medicine and doctor at their home and take payments with installments so that they can afford our service.
(Magic of 7 by “Nobel Laureate Prof. Yunus”)
1. The business objective is to solve the social problem which threatens people and society; not profit maximization.
MediSure is going to provide medical facilities to the rural area so it is going to be a solution for the rural people who can’t afford proper medical treatment which is a basic need for them. On the other hand, not being a profit-driven business is one of the major reasons of our products affordability.
2. Financial and economic sustainability.
Medisure is going to be a successful and sustainable social venture by creating employment.
3. Investors get back their investment amount only. No dividend is given beyond investment money.
All the investor of MediSure will get back their investment amount only the won’t get any dividend or portion of the profit.
4. When investment amount is paid back, company profit stays with the company for expansion and improvement.
After paying back of total investment from investors, MediSure will utilize their profit to improve the service and expansion of business to make it a successful social business.
5. Gender-sensitive and environmentally conscious.
Our way of providing service is environment healthy and there is no place for gender discrimination at our venture. We already have two female team members who made the MediSure team complete.
6. Workforce gets market wage with better working conditions.
All the worker if MediSure will get the actual amount for their job what market offer. We will also provide a great working environment condition.
7. Do it with joy.
Team MediSure is a group of energetic young people with different skill sets along with experienced and skilled professionals who are dedicated to bringing a better tomorrow today. The joy of working for building a better future is the key strength that keeps us going.
- Bangladesh Venture Capital Ltd: One of the successful VC firms in Bangladesh. They have partnered with us to provide necessary mentorship, business know-how & become possible future investors.
- Mymuna Mother and Child Care Hospital: Mymuna Mother and Child Care Hospital they have partnered with us to provide support for the following aspects- Consumer support, Contact building, Survey, lab facilities, transportation facilities.
- Cardio Care Specialized Hospital: Cardio Care Specialized Hospital is one of the largest Cardio Care in Bangladesh. They have partnered with us to provide support for the following aspects- Consumer support, Contact building, lab facilities, Survey, Promotion.
- M/S Mamun Enterprise: One of the famous businessmen in Thakurgaon he has partnered with us he will provide us with building for use.
- Medical Equipment
- Medical Van (to provide medical service at doorstep of patients)
- Medical Lab
- Place & equipments to handle major issues
- Human Resource
- Daffodil Business Incubator [ logistic support]
- Daffodil International University
- HSBC Bank
- SBSF[ Human Resource]
- NGO Forum[Consumer support, Survey, Promotion, Social Activities]
- Mymuna Mother and Child Care Hospital
- Cardio Care Specialized Hospital
- M/S Mamun Enterprise[ Land/ Building Support “if needed”]
Service Pricing Strategy
We will provide our service at ticket system. A door to door service provided will be difficult for us. That’s why we will select several (Each house we will select will not be so far from another. So, we will be accessible.) house with the yard and continue our service. As we won’t go door to door marketing, we will have announced through mike (announce device) and let people know our location. According to our field survey installment basis service will be effective than full paid (all money pay at once) service.
The possibility of Success
Market and Competitive Advantages:
MediSure has huge market potential. It has a great opportunity since the number of available clinics is very low and local quack doctors are failing to provide the required medical facilities. MediSure will work like a bridge between the sound health and the economic capacity.
Scale, scope, and timing:
Initially, MediSure is going to provide its service to a single district of our country to achieve sustainability and growth. But very soon we are going to provide the service all over our country to ensure sound health. We believe it’s high time that someone had taken the responsibility to build a nation by ensuring proper health.
In Bangladesh, 77% of total population is in the rural area where only 3.35% of total GDP goes for healthcare. In rural, it is even lower. Area of Thakurgaon district is 1781.74 square kilometer. The population of Thakurgaon district 1390042. Infant mortality rate (IMR) is the number of deaths per 1,000 live births of children under one year of age is 31. Under 5 years age mortality rate is 38 out of 1000 living child. The rate of Fully immunized children is 52%  From above statistics we can calculate that about 500-600 thousand peoples in Thakurgaon area are suffering from major or minor health issue where we are only targeting about 5000 – 10000 patients per month. As 60% of total population of Bangladesh live below the poverty line. In rural, this ration is more than 60%. So, we offered installment payment system with work opportunity. So, we can conclude that we have sustainability in our business.
Social significance and effect on social equilibrium:
As the world is moving first towards modernization, most of the people hardly think about the people who are in need and are reluctant to do something in favor of them. Even entrepreneurs are busy decorating their own fortune and find it easy to donate a lump sum amount rather than building a sustainable solution towards the problem. By using the strength of social business we are trying to fill the torn of our social fabric and enrich social harmony by reducing lack of social justice for deprived or unprivileged people of rural areas. Hopefully, this will maintain a better social equilibrium.
Our business venture, MediSure focuses on to bring a massive change in our country and that is to provide medical facilities and medicine for the people of rural areas within a pocket healthy budget. We want to ensure the proper distribution of medical treatment towards people of all ages in a rural area because we know city dwellers can easily afford proper medical facility for themselves due to their high level of living standard and availability of hospitals and doctors than of rural areas. The prosperity of a nation depends largely on the sound health of its citizen, when they are physically sound, they can contribute more towards the success of it. Things we innovated for our social business:
- Providing health service at their home
- Providing medicine at lower cost
- Installment payment system
- Work opportunity (for the family member) to pay installment. (Focus No poverty goal also)