We are working on how to effectively reach the people of our country, Bangladesh since Crowdfunding is a fresh concept here. Currently we are receiving funds through our bkash account. bkash is a money transaction platform that works in mobile platforms.
Bkash number: 01616-167002 (personal)
However, our main concentration is on interacting with people directly and making them understand the importance of crowdfunding and our social venture. We are receiving warm response from everyone. Details on our campaigns will be available very soon.
Please contact at email@example.com for any query regarding donations, investment opportunities and any kind of interests.
According to Unicef, the prevalence of malnutrition in Bangladesh is among the highest in the world. Millions of children and women suffer from one or more forms of malnutrition including low birth weight, wasting, stunting, underweight, Vitamin A deficiencies, iodine deficiency disorders and anemia. Today malnutrition not only affects individuals but its effects are passed from one generation to the next as malnourished mothers give birth to infants who struggle to develop and thrive. If these children are girls, they often grow up to become malnourished mothers themselves. Globally, malnutrition is attributed to almost one-half of all child deaths. Survivors are left vulnerable to illnesses, stunted growth and intellectual impairment. 
The Curse of 3
(Addressed Social Problems)
- Impediment towards proper physical and mental growth of pre-school going children
- Lack of Social justice for underprivileged children
Our Solution: PediCare
(A complete solution to proper child feeding)
Pedicare is a complementary weaning food for malnourished children. In this balanced weaning food supplement, major ingredients are collected from local origin and also processed using local extrusion technology to create more acceptance as compared with commercially available brands. Considering the economic status of maximum households in rural areas, the product will be supplied within affordable cost.
Currently there are a few foreign weaning food products for babies available at the local markets which are very costly in the context of Bangladesh. A 400gm pack costs around $5.10 (400 Taka) or more. As a result a massive number of parents are failing to provide supplementary food for their babies despite their earnest interest to provide for their children. Moreover, existing baby foods in local market are being adulterated. This is causing a huge amount of children not being able to have necessary nutrition at the tender age as only a few fortunate parents can afford those high priced nutritious supplements. As soon as we identified this burning issue, we got determined to turn this into an opportunity for developing a successful Social Business in order to contribute towards our society. Our target is to build a semisolid malted weaning food for proper nourishment of children at their tender age.
The new baby food will have the presence of all important nutritional needs for children aged between over six months and three years.
Our product will provide nutrition to the country’s millions of infants in a cheaper rate and save huge foreign exchange every year.
• In Bangladesh 41% of below-five children are underweight. 
• In Bangladesh 39% children doesn’t have access to primary school in proper time and there are lack of proper nutrition. 
• 50% of the world’s Preschool-aged Children are undernourished
• The severe (long-term) effects of malnutrition can cause economic underdevelopment.
Ensuring proper nutrition for pre-school children hailing from all economic classes and bringing social justice for them.
Bringing better economic development of the nation by ensuring proper mental and physical growth of the future leaders.
PediCare Social Business Model Framework
(Nobel Laureate Prof. Yunus’s magic of 7 )
1. Business objective is to solve social problem which threaten people and society; not profit maximization.
Pedicare is going to be a solution for proper nutrition for children hailing from all classes of family which is a crying need for our society. On the other hand, not being a profit driven business is one of the major reasons of our products affordability.
2. Financial and economic sustainability.
Pedicare is going to be a successful and sustainable social venture creating job opportunities for many.
3. Investors get back their investment amount only. No dividend is given beyond investment money.
Pedicare, Bangladesh will always maintain the proper regulations that makes it a Social Business. All of our key partners have acknowledged not to demand any dividend in return of their service for our social business venture.
4. When investment amount is paid back, company profit stays with the company for expansion and improvement.
Using this aspect of social business, Pedicare is going to expand it’s capacity in order to serving our whole population and also aim for solving the need for proper nutrition of kids in other countries too.
5. Gender sensitive and environmentally conscious.
The production procedures will not harm the environment in any way and there is no place for gender discrimination at our venture. We already have a female team member and also female coordinators and advisers who have made the Pedicare team complete.
6. Workforce gets market wage with better working conditions.
This is one of our top concerns when it comes to the implementation of our venture.
7. Do it with joy.
Team Pedicare is a group of energetic young people with different skill sets along with experienced and skilled professionals who are dedicated to bring a better tomorrow today. The joy of working for building a better future is the key strength that keeps us going.
Business Model Canvas (Version: 3.0)
Know our partners, Know our strengths:
- Daffodil International University (DIU): Lab assistance from Dept. of Nutrition & Food Engineering, DIU, for initial Research & Development.
- Givensee group of industries: It is one of the largest garments industries in Bangladesh. They have partnered with us to provide support for the following aspects- Consumer support, Contact building, Survey, Promotion and Social activities.
- Bangladesh Venture Capital Ltd: One of the successful VC firms in Bangladesh. They have partnered with us to provide necessary mentorship, business know-how & become possible future investors.
- Pallybadhu Kallyan Sangstha (Rural Women Welfare Organization) & Trading Corp.: This is a strong organization that is trusted by many rural mothers who are working in rural areas to build awareness among women and make them self-sufficient. They are one of our major niche marketing partner.
- Healthcare professionals: We have connected with healthcare professionals like pediatricians, general practitioners, Bangladesh Medical Association (BMA) members etc. and they have confirmed that they are going to support and promote our product when it will be available.
- OxR Agro Ltd.: It will provide chemical free natural ingredients which is one of the great promises we are ensuring for our consumers.
- Social Business Research Center (SBRC) [Research partner]
- Department of Nutrition & Food Engineering, Daffodil International University (DIU) [Lab assistance]
- Daffodil Business Incubator [Logistics support]
- Grameen distribution ltd. [Key marketing channel]
- Protena Plus Ltd. [Machinery support]
- OxR Agro Ltd. [Chemical free natural ingredients]
- Givensee group of industries [Consumer support, Contact building, Survey, Promotion, Social Activities]
- Bangladesh Venture Capital Ltd. (Mentoring, possible future funding and strategic partner)
- SBSF [Human resource]
- Red Sea Health Care [Investor]
… Renovated Product Pricing Strategy
Two leg distribution model of social business has been implemented like never before. For rural areas, our product will be introduced with the help of organizations those are trustworthy to the native people. Door to door marketing and supply on demand policy will be followed for cost effectiveness. Two production line will be maintained. One is for the rural and very low income people that will be aimed to reduce the product price even more. This will enable us to reach root people more easily. Another one for supplying to cities and other markets. Our field survey indicates that mini packs would be more effective for low income families. However, dedicated selling points will be implemented at garments industries for maximum sell at minimum price.
• Two leg distribution model of social business is followed.
• Indigenous ingredients are used and also processed using local extrusion technology to create more acceptance. Details on used elements will be made public at the right time due to business strategy.
• All natural ingredients will be collected from ECO-FRIENDLY agro farms.
• Unique distribution channel and revenue stream has been generated.
• Garments worker as direct customer (Dedicated selling point will be available at their work place)
Is the product feasible?
Following aspects ensures the feasibility of our product-
- Experienced food scientist to help us with our product development.
- Business experts as our advisers who are also renowned for their activities regarding social business.
- Initially we need not to set up the huge machinery since we are partnering an existing set up of Protina Plus Ltd.
- Strong marketing channels and social network support.
- Huge consumer base. Moreover, direct selling points at garments industries.
- Unparalleled value proposition in current market.
- Proper partners and resource providers.
- Strong public relation support. Multiple media coverage in leading dailies in Bangladesh proves our connectivity and performance strength.
Press release information: https://goo.gl/ba0eyD
How is the commercial potential?
Following aspects ensures the commercial potential of our product-
- According to 2011 census, number of under 5 children is 15 million. Bangladeshi parents are greatly conscious about the proper growth of their babies and they try to provide for their kids to the best of their capability. Hence, a huge consumer base is already here.
- Lack of presence of significant local competitors in this sector, adds great strength to the chance of being a success for our Social Business.
- Strong partners to help us execute our social business successfully.
- Strong marketing partners.
- Target consumers doesn’t have much choices.
PediCare, A recipe for Success
Market & Competitive Advantage
Huge market potential and consumer base. Very strong market opportunity since there is no significant local competitors and the foreign products are failing to reach people from middle to lower income class. Moreover, our product has the potential to utilize the very affectionate characteristics of Bangladeshi parents as they try to provide for their kids to their level best. Pedicare is the bridge between their economic capacity and their interest to buy.
Scale, Scope & Timing
Pedicare is going to start small to achieve sustainability and proper growth. But will soon grow fast in order to satisfying our country’s full necessity. We are very positive about spreading our solution to other countries who are suffering from ill nutrition towards children. And we believe it was high time that someone had taken the responsibility to build a nation by ensuring proper nutrition of children.
Our team is equipped with people of the right skill sets. There is potential opportunity to have support from government and private sector. A very compelling mission add more strength to our crisis and vision oriented opportunity. Huge consumer base increases the chance of becoming a sustainable social business. We are planning to grab a mere 3% market share. Infant aged from 6 months to 1.5 years needs 100gm supplementary food per day. Thus the demand size will be (150000X 100gm =15000000 gm= 15 ton)
|Product||Probable customers||Demand Size||Market size (3%)|
for the Infant aged between 6 month to 1.5 year needs
(Statistic says each year more than 3 million child are being born in Bangladesh)
500 ton each day
|15 ton each day|
This data representation surely indicates the high probability of Pedicare becoming not only a sustainable but also a very successful social business venture.
Social significance and effect on social equilibrium:
Due to the massive growth of capitalism and the world becoming a fast paced racing arena, most people have almost forgotten to think about the people who are in need and do something about it. Even the entrepreneurs get busy in building their fortune at some point and finds it great to donate instead of trying to build a sustainable solution. Using the power of social business, we are trying to mend this torn in our social fabric and enrich social harmony by reducing lack of social justice for underprivileged children and lower class to middle class families. Thus, helping in maintaining a better social equilibrium.
Our social business venture, Pedicare focuses to bring a major change in the society and that is to spread proper nutrition for children regardless of their family’s income capacity. We want to establish social justice for children hailing from all classes of families. Because children are the future path finders of a nation. Secure future of a nation demands proper mental and physical growth of children at their tender age. Therefore, we believe that better nutrition leads to better tomorrow.
Let’s know some facts
• Will be founded in 2017
• Total Investment Required: 49,56,975 BDT (63032.75 USD)
• Production Capacity: 01 ton /day
• Estimated sells per day: 2200 unit
• Expected break-even 2018
• Break even quantity: 14177.56 units
• Expected Revenues: 2,70,25,000 BDT / 343649.09 USD ( 1st year)
Expected Social Impact (1st year)
• More than 100000 customers
• Positive impact on physical & cognitive development of pre-school children regardless of the income status of their family
• Around 1000 jobs will be created
Let the Little Angels Grow
Let’s know about our Crowdfunding activities
JOURNEY OF TEAM PEDICARE
Doing it with joy …
To know more about our activities, visit our fb page: https://www.facebook.com/pedicarebangladesh/
Prototyping in Laboratory
Field survey in rural area
  Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics, Year Book, 2014
4. Building Social Business ( Muhammad Yunus)
5. Creating a world without poverty (Muhammad Yunus)
6. The Power of Social Business (M.F.M Amir Khashru)
7. Social Business Model Framework (Professor Masud Ibn Rahman)