Vision –To empower youngsters to have a better professional life.
Mission – To create 1000 mentor mentee connects by end of 2016.
Over here we have explained the problem mapping – the core problem which is the ‘lack of role models in the community’. It We have narrowed the core problem down to this by observing the symptons of the problems and what are the effects it has, especially in terms of career building.
The above 2 images reflect the size of the problem – 400,000 low income youth in Mumbai and 337 million youth in India currently are facing such issues. India is looking to add another 400 million youngsters for entry level positions. Hence, it is very important to provide them with both hard and soft skills. India’ Skill Development Mission also realizes this program and is now re-shifting it focus to soft skills too.
Our core activities include –
1. Creating a mentoring program and network for youngsters.
2. Conducting their placements.
Our impact –
- Placing people into jobs of their areas of interest and qualifications.
- 10-20% increase in the salaries.
- Job retention for longer period of time.
Our stakeholders –
- Youth from low income families
- Mentors from professional background
- Families of the under privileged youth
- Companies for placements.
- Gatekeeper organizations (through which we reach out to the community)
Our team includes social workers, life coaches, education experts and business people who have come together to build this program.