Organized by HEC Montréal, Canada, and Yunus Centre founded by Nobel laureate Prof. Muhammad Yunus in Bangladesh, Social Business Creation competition is an innovative pedagogical platform on which your students learn to create social businesses. Beside the rich learning experience, students will get chances to win several prizes in cash and services besides scholarships to participate in SBC program.
Round 1 – Social innovation (competition and training online)
- The top 10% teams will receive “IMPACTFUL SOCIAL BUSINESS IDEA AWARD”.
Round 2 – Business innovation (competition and training online)
- Each member of the teams that are invited to compete in the global final in Montreal (i.e. teams that pass the requirements of Round 2) earns a tuition waiver (value of CAD 1,949.96) to attend SBC training in Montreal.
- The top 5 teams will receive “SOCIAL BUSINESS CONCEPT AWARD” and cash prizes of CAD 10,000 in total (CAD 2,000 each team), in addition to the tuition waivers for their team members, after having completed Semi-final round’s requirements.
Semi-final – Execution and scale-up (competition and training in Montreal, Canada)
Global finalists will compete in pools of 4-5 teams each. The best of each pool will be awarded “GLOBAL RUNNER-UP AWARD” and nominated for competition in the Grand Fnal
Grand final – Impacts (competition in Montreal, Canada)
- Third prize: CAD 1,000 cash + 1 tuition waiver (value of CAD 8,500) to participate in MOSAIC-HEC Summer School on Management of Creativity in an Innovation Society (http://ecole-ete.hec.ca/en)
- Second prize: CAD 6,000 cash + 1 tuition waiver (value of CAD 8,500) to participate in MOSAIC-HEC Summer School on Management of Creativity in an Innovation Society (http://ecole-ete.hec.ca/en);
- First prize: CAD 15,000 cash + 1 tuition waiver (value of CAD 8,500) to participate in MOSAIC-HEC Summer School on Management of Creativity in an Innovation Society (http://ecole-ete.hec.ca/en);
Participants will receive world-class training from HEC Montreal’s professors and international experts in social entrepreneurship (conditions apply, see below). Educator and coaches can apply for SBC training-of-trainers by writing to email@example.com to request an application package.
Note specific to HEC Montreal’s students: To have your SBC participation registered as a 3 course credits in your curriculum, you need to register with the registration office: BAA program, Certificate program, M.Sc.program. You may also quality for “Fonds Leadership” scholarship.
Participants wishing to apply for scholarships to participate in SBC program must complete the section called “Request for financial and other special support” in the application form.
Submit your application
- Independent applications (i.e. teams apply directly to SBC without going through their educational institutions): The corresponding team member submits an application to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 31 . Download the form here.
- Institutional applications (i.e. educational institutions submit applications on behalf of their students): The institution’s representative submits an application to email@example.com by Februrary 28. Download the form here.
Applicants will receive their results within 10 working days upon complete submission. If you need help or have any question, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org