Organized by HEC Montréal, Canada, and Yunus Centre founded by Nobel laureate Prof. Muhammad Yunus in Bangladesh, Social Business Creation competition is an innovative pedagogical platform on which your students learn to create social businesses (click here to see the competition’s activities and timeline). Beside the rich learning experience, students will get chances to win several prizes of CAD 57,500 in total.
- The top 10% teams will receive “IMPACTFUL SOCIAL BUSINESS IDEA AWARD”.
- The top 5 teams will receive “SOCIAL BUSINESS CONCEPT AWARD”. Each of these top 5 teams will receive CAD 2,000 after having completed Round 3’s requirements.
- Third prize: 1 tuition waiver (value of CAD8,500) to participate in MOSAIC-HEC Summer School on Management of Creativity in an Innovation Society (http://ecole-ete.hec.ca/en)
- Second prize: $7,000 cash + 1 tuition waiver (value of CAD8,500) to participate in MOSAIC-HEC Summer School on Management of Creativity in an Innovation Society (http://ecole-ete.hec.ca/en);
- First prize: $15,000 cash + 1 tuition waiver (value of CAD8,500) to participate in MOSAIC-HEC Summer School on Management of Creativity in an Innovation Society (http://ecole-ete.hec.ca/en);
All training activities (click here for the list of activities) will be provided to admitted participants:
- Follow HEC Montréal’s online course comprising 4 modules specifically designed for this competition at https://cours.edulib.org;
- Follow 1-week training at HEC Montréal;
- Showcase their projects on http://www.socialbusinesscreation.hec.ca;
- Use Social Business Creation competition’s online platform and templates for their activities within the framework of this competition;
- Receive HEC Montréal’s participation certificates if they complete at least the first 2 rounds of the competition.
Note specific to HEC Montreal’s students: To earn 3 course credits, you need to register with the registration office: BAA program, Certificate program, M.Sc.program. You may also quality for “Fonds Leadership” scholarship.
Submit your application
- January 31 for independent applications (i.e. teams apply to SBC without going through their educational institutions) and
- February 28 for institutional applications (i.e. educational institutions submit applications on behalf of their students).
Applicants will receive their results within 10 working days upon complete submission.
If you need help or have any question, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org