SUBMISSION DEADLINE ROUND 1 POSTPONED TO MAY 15th, 2020
SUBMISSION DEADLINE ROUND 2 POSTPONED TO JULY 17th, 2020
A Global Competition and Training Platform
ENTER WITH A SOCIAL MISSION IDEA | LEARN HOW TO USE MARKET MECHANISM | ACHIEVE YOUR MISSION
Social Business Creation competition’s Representatives Abroad
Starting from a social mission idea at the beginning of the competition, participants will acquire the knowledge and skills to build a profitable business with positive social impacts. At least one member of the team must be a student at the time of application; the rest of the team can come from all walks of life.
Participants can enter the competition in one of the following ways:
- Submit a proposal as an independant applicant by January 31, 2020
- Have the academic institution to apply on their behalf by Februrary 28, 2020
Organized by HEC Montréal, Canada, with the support of Yunus Centre founded by Nobel laureate Prof. Muhammad Yunus, SBC is an international competition and a platform to train participants on how to use market mechanisms to solve social challenges.
SBC vision is to be the global leader in social entrepreneurship education.
SBC mission is to educate business people to be socially responsible. Specifically, SBC aims to:
- Change the mindset of students towards the norm that “profitability and positive social impacts should go hand-in-hand and thus social business is the way to do business”;
- Propagate the concept of social business and make students become ambassadors for its promotion;
- Enable and teach students to become better entrepreneurs with a sense of higher purpose and use their knowledge for the sake of social contributions via their business activities;
- Enable students to be successful in their entrepreneurial development.